We are sure you have many questions about how to go about getting a set of plans to build your home. It's a fairly simple and straightforward process as you will see.
- Initial Meeting
- Once you contact us, we find out what your needs are. Do you have a plan in mind? How many bedrooms? Baths? Stories? Desired square footage? Once we sort out basic details like those, we have a place to start.
- Design Phase
- With the basic parameters defined, we will provide you with a basic floor plan and elevation of your home. At this point, you have an opportunity to make adjustments and refinements that you'd like to see included. Once we lock the design, it's time to start the working drawings.
- Working Drawing Phase
- At this stage we now complete the rest that is needed to fully flesh out the design. These include fully dimensioned and annotated floor plans, elevations, roof plan, interior elevations, typical sections, and electrical layouts.
- When the architectural drawings have been mostly completed, we can go ahead and get the engineer involved. The engineer will provide us with all of the structural info needed for us to complete the plan. At this stage we will complete the foundation plan, framing plans, and any required structural details.
- Final Delivery
- After engineering is completed, the plans are pretty much ready to go. We will run through a final checklist to make sure we have all info needed for your home. Once our final checks are completed, we send you the stamped PDF file. We would be happy to provide our printing services for you, but you are always welcome to print them out at a location convenient for you. Now you have your plans ready to take to your builder!
The timing involved varies greatly depending on the size and complexity of the house. It can be as low as 20 hours all the way up to 60 hours and beyond. We can give you a pretty good estimate of the time frame once the design phase has been locked down.
what is included
A typical set of plans by us will include the following:
- Architectural floor plans
- Exterior elevations
- Interior elevations
- Typical details & sections
- Foundation plan
- Structural framing plans
- Roof plan
- Structural details & sections
- Electrical layout
Most HVAC, plumbing, and electrical contractors will supply their own plans based off of the set of plans that we provide you.
One of your biggest questions is probably "how much does it cost?" Generally, plans are based off of a certain price per square foot. However, it is very difficult to provide a quote without having more information about the home that you desire. Both the size and complexity of the home will factor into the price. Just give us a call and we can provide you with an accurate quote.